Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today Kjerstin called me 3 times! She was crying the first two times but we talked through it. She said she keeps having nightmares and then she wakes up and it's like being in a nightmare. Can't say I don't blame her. It does feel like a nightmare. I just kept reassuring her that it will get better and we are all here for her. We will not let her down.

She did very good with therapy today. She is working on her strength and balance. She is also working on sitting and standing. She is doing leg lifts and all sorts of activities. Next week she will start learning to chew.

Kjerstin, this is for you......from me, Jerimiah & Jace.... You're not alone. Together we stand. We'll be by your side. You know We'll take your hand. We won't give up. We won't give in. Keep holding on because you'll make it through. We'll make it through. Just stay strong. We're here for you. You're so far away. We wish you were here. You can do this, sis! I wish I had the answers for you. I wish I could tell you why. But I can't & if we had all the answers we wouldn't need faith now would we? And how boring would life be if we knew everything?! Besides, with Jerimiah, Jace & I standing shoulder to shoulder, there's no way we will let you fail!! I can't wait to see you in your beautiful prom dress, smiling & walking down that sidewalk next year. And yes, you can use one of mine, again! You want the blue one or the teal one? No... let's go shopping for a new one! Your very own! How fun will that be? And.....we gotta have the matching shoes!

Life is different now, sis, but that's OK. You are with us. Our little miracle. And God has us right where he wants us! Crazy isn't it? But, he know what he's doing! Some days that's harder to understand than others.....like today! But, this too shall pass!

I can't wait until you are well enough to take over the blog. Everyone is so excited to hear from you. In the meantime, we are all continuing to pray for you! I love you!.......lots & tater tots!! (Yeah! We still use Jerimiah's dorky phrase!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment