Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kjerstin is getting a bit frustrated with her therapy. She says it's really hard & that her life is like a nightmare she can't wake up from! We keep encouraging her, though. If she only knew what she has already overcome. It will all make sense to her soon. So, if you get a chance, please send her some encouraging words & say a prayer for her.

She is doing very well with her therapy. She is doing much better in the driving simulator! She only crashed one time out of seven the last time she was in the simulator. Much better than last time. They are doing a neuropsych test tomorrow & that will give us a much better idea of where she is.

She now knows about the school issue and she is pretty upset! We have been trying to explain it to her, but she just wants to go back to see her friends & to the school & staff that she knows. Just please keep praying about this.

Tonight Mom & Kjerstin got to go to a movie. Getting out helps Kjerstin to pass the time more quickly. Her & Mom have a great time together!

Dad has settled in back home pretty well. He seems a bit lost though. On Sunday, he asked me if I wanted him to come clean house with me. When I said, "No. Thanks though." He said, "Well, I can. I'm in the cleaning mood!" What? I thought. Is he sick or possessed or what? Of course, it's neither. He is just really making an effort & Kjerstin's accident has really had an effect on him! I had to call & tell Mom. She didn't believe me at first! It's a big change from going nonstop for 2 1/2 months constantly doing things to coming home to an empty house. Today he told me he did 8 loads of laundry because the sheets & blankets smelled stale & he wanted the house to smell nice for when Mom & Kjerstin come home! He cleaned the pool, watered plants, cleaned out the fridge, organized food into rubbermaid containers for his lunches, went to Wal-Mart, worked on the bathroom. I don't even remember the rest. I was tired by the time he got half way through the list & it was before noon when he called me! Wait until I tell Mom this.

The house is coming along. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped. We hope to have it done by next week.

I have been working with Kjerstin's puppy, teaching him manners! UGGGHHH! What a chore. I think huskys are the most stubborn dogs I have ever worked with. We have mastered the chore of learning not to jump on people! We want to make sure that he doesn't knock her over. Now if we can just get mom's crack head dog to learn to not bump into people, I will be doing good!

It is all coming together & I am counting the days until Kjerstin comes home. I must say I have never been so emotionally & physically exhausted in a very long time. I can't imagine what Mom is feeling. Please pray for continued healing for Kjerstin. She is our little or should I say BIG Miracle!

1 comment:

  1. still praying! love the good news updates! kjerstin is a miracle for sure!

    ReplyDelete