Friday, July 9, 2010

Moving Time!!!

We are moving Mom & Kjerstin to Nebraska Tuesday morning at 9am., so please come and visit this weekend., as Monday afternoon and evening will be very busy. Don't forget to sign her quilt when you are here. We are excited and scared all at the same time. Her pneumonia is getting better. Mom and Kjerstin will go on the plane and the rest of us will drive up. The facility wants all of the family there for Tuesday & Wednesday at the least to get her settled in & to help them learn who Kjerstin is and help with memories. This is a huge part of therapy they said. They want Kjerstin to remember who she is through us.

I need all of the friends and family to make her a poster or just write on cards or 8x11 size paper and bring them to my home or the hospital by Monday. These will be used to decorate her room. The facility said that they want her room decorated on Tuesday as soon as we get there. She can have balloons and flowers in her room if anyone wants to send any. She will be at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, 5401 south Street, Lincoln, NE 68506.

There is not a room open at the facility right now, so we will stay in a hotel temporarily. However, mom is on the waiting list. Mom & Kjerstin will be there for a couple months and then Kjerstin will be in therapy back home for at least a year.

At the fundraisers we will have a video camera set up for friends and family to record their favorite memory. We will burn this on a DVD and send it to Kjerstin at her rehab facility to help with her recovery. The doctors at the facility requested that we do this. So, please come to the event and support Kjerstin and record your favorite memory, even if it's my friends from when she was a baby. We need memories from all stages of her life.

There have been two girls that have came and visited mom in the hospital that survived traumatic brain injuries and had full recovery. Their parents came too and shared their experience with mom. It was wonderful. It gave us so much hope! One of them even gave Mom her prayer blanket that she had received when she was in the hospital recovering from her brain injury.

We are having shirts printed to sell at the fundraisers. We are looking for sponsors to help cover the costs of the shirts. The sponsor will have their business logo printed on the back of the shirt. Please let us know if you are interested. Mo was hoping we could find sponsors this week so that we could start printing shirts on Monday. She was hoping to wear her shirt to Nebraska on Tuesday.

Thank you so much for your support and please continue to pray. They told us Kjerstin's progress may be slow and it will be hard for us at times, but we will get there!!

5 comments:

  1. God is good! =) faith hope and love all coming your way!
    ~stengl family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed you all when I visited today. You were in a meeting with the doctors, but the volunteers in the Ronald McDonald family room were so nice. :-) That's such great news about her transfer to Nebraska! :-) I'll come by tomorrow before 12:30 p.m. and bring a picture I have of Kjerstin in the pasture riding Mr. Ed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had several friends at Madonna in the last five years. The work they do there is miraculous! Our prayers are with you, especially as you travel and get settled in.

    Kirsten Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about your daughters accident while I was at work. I have been following Kjerstins progress and praying for your family. God is good and he is doing great things with your family.

    I wanted to let you know that my family and I live in Lincoln. I have read of your difficulties trying to find someplace to stay in Lincoln and I would like to let you know that my family and I have room in our house if you need somewhere to stay. If you are interested please email us at tsplincoln@windstream.net. We can exchange information through email. If you have someplace lined up to stay at and just need some help in Lincoln, please let us know. We are happy to help any way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I would love to be able to help your family. I would like to donate 25% of Julys income from my websites TheBonusCodes.com and CheapoGiftCards.com. You can let others know that if they shop online thru my sites a portion will go to Kjerstin. There are many gift cards cheaper than face value if people would like to donate a gift card, then a portion of the sale would go to Kjerstin as well. I will also post this on my facebook. Our family is praying for yours. When our son was a passenger in a serious rollover car accident and walked away with a broken arm because he had his seatbelt on, we knew we were blessed. I can't imagine the way your lives have changed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help your family.
    April Dennis & Family

    ReplyDelete