Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today was a good day. Kjerstin had a lot of visitors, starting with the Eagle Med pilot and nurse that transported her! Mom thought that was really neat. Thank you so much for coming and visiting. I actually got to go do a small amount of grocery shopping and pay bills today. Colten got to stay home and have a friend over. We needed a day at home.

Several times today it appeared that Kjerstin was nodding yes. Just a simple small downward nod when she was asked certain questions. It was very exciting to see. She is off of oxygen and doing well. I have been taking pictures every couple of days. Tonight I took a close up of her face with her eyes open. I don't think she liked that, but one day she will want to see these pictures. She is still being fed through a feeding tube. She can't talk but she has made a groaning noise a couple of times. She constantly keeps moving her right leg around. We are pretty sure she wants something done, but we have yet to figure out what it is. She followed a red and then a yellow square with her eyes when she was asked to by the therapist. She did this several times, which was AWESOME the therapist said.

I am trying to see if we can get a room at the MRC on a couple Friday evenings to get together and scrapbook some of Kjerstin's pictures. I will bring all of my tools, paper,etc. so that everyone doesn't have to use all of their things. I hope that we can get a large group together and have fun. I will keep you posted.

A friend of the family went and took pictures of the house, rooms in the house, the driveway, etc. so that in therapy they can properly teach her how to navigate the house and to help with her memories.

Please continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment